Combinator on Azure Not Generating Combined Files

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I have Combinator running on Azure and have had great success. I re-deployed last evening and today Combinator will not create new combined files. Here is what I know:
  • There have been no changes in Orchard / Combinator except for changes in a personal module
  • I have gone ahead and connected my local environment to the Azure Blob storage and it produces the combined files perfectly
  • No error messages are thrown
  • When I turn on my staging server (which was my live server) the Combinator works out fine with the same blob storage
So I am stuck wondering how to debug this particular situation. I may have to hook up Visual Studio to remotely debug the Azure instance.

So, just writing to see if you have any ideas / ever seen this before.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Never seen this before... Very strange. So you say that the files previously processed by Combinator still work, but if you visit a page with unprocessed resources, those resources will be included like there wouldn't be any Combinator?

I don't have any idea on this so my best advice would be remote debugging as well.
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Yeah, if you visit a page with unprocessed resources it would have the URL to look for those resources but they would have never been created and included in the actual blob storage. However, no error is thrown that there is a problem writing to the blob storage. I did verify that media is properly writing to the blob storage so that shouldn't be it.

The only other thing I can think of changing is that I switched the tenant domains to use a wildcard (i.e. went from www.mydomain.com to *.mydomain.com) but I have changed that back and it didn't make a difference (i.e. it doesn't seem to be a factor). I have reset the site using hrestart.txt and that didn't clear anything. I am probably going to try the following next:
  1. Restart the whole web server (hate doing that)
  2. Redeploy the website then swap it (shouldn't change anything but who knows)
  3. Worst case attache a remote debugger (but hate doing that on a live site - maybe I can get the staging site to recreate the issue and remote debug that one)
Will let you know.
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I guess I will never know the real cause. Redeploying the website and swapping it out fixed everything. I will have to attribute it to a bad deployment I guess. Hopefully it won't happen again to find out.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM
OK, thanks for letting me know this.