WARNING: requires Orchard 1.7 or greater and Helpful Libraries 1.9 or greater!
Important notes on sprite generation:
- Image sprite generation support (work item #15) with exclude features and partially automatic detection whether an image is suitable for sprite generation (backgrounds with a size, position other than top-left, and repetition other than no-repeat are excluded)
- Ability to set custom resource domain (work item #37)
- Exposing resource processing events: this way e.g. a LESS compiler can be plugged into Combinator, so compiled stylesheets are still processed (combined and minified)
- LESS and SASS preprocessors, contribution of Onestop Internet, Inc.
- Better CSS processing with a real CSS parser (ExCSS)
- Adding info comment to bundled resources (#49)
- Displaying notification after cache clearing (work item #45)
- Fixing problems introduced with Orchard 1.6 where the order of excluded scripts was wrong. Now scripts are handled as overridable resources like stylesheets.
- Command line command for emptying cache
- Validation for regexes configurable from the admin UI (no more erroneous regexes saved)
- Working on Azure blob compatibility (#46 and #47)
- Static cache files are now stored under Modules/Piedone/... instead of Media root
- Refactoring and plenty of minor fixes
- Updated YUI Compressor
- Updating to VS 2012 project file
Only images with the above criteria are used for sprite generation (backgrounds with a size, position other than top-left, and repetition other than no-repeat are excluded).
However, Combinator can do nothing when these properties are set somewhere else than in the block of the background declaration. Therefore if an image
- has those properties set somewhere,
- is already a sprite or
- its container's size exceeds its size
then exclude it manually by using "no-sprite" in their path or by adding the ".no-sprite" class to the selectors of the css block they're included in.